Monday, July 24, 2017

Where do you belong?

Did you know it's possible to live and not actually live? Some people use recreational drugs to "enhance" their lives. Others pile on activities upon activities to make themselves busy to the point of exhaustion. Then, there's the group of people who don't know what to do with their lives and are just going through the motions because it is what they are supposed to do.

I'm in the third group. I don't do drugs. I don't know a lot of people who would even sell those types of drugs. And I certainly do not seek out other activities to pile on top of whatever activities I have to do. I am just in the third group because I really don't know what to do with my life other than work, eat, and sleep. The motions as I call it.

Every day, society says we have to do certain things to merit anything. If I were a young adult, it would be to wake up, get ready for school, go to school, go to after school club activities, go home, do homework, sleep. Repeat this until college and the process is pretty similar. Work once out of college -- the process again is quite similar.

But I'm tired of that. I'm tired of the 9-5 job. I feel like I'm just being wasteful of my time. And not actually doing anything productive.

I want something that motivates me. To push me to my limits because its challenging.

When I was asked before what was my passion, my automatic answer was writing. I love to write. But writing itself has become a chore. Now, it's more an outlet for me than anything else. I sing, too. (I do sing on key and quite lovely, mind you).

My passion now are kids... I want to raise my own kids. I want to teach them songs and languages. Share with them my voracious appetite for reading. And I don't know when we will have kids. Hopefully soon. Maybe.

Maybe I should reach out to JK Rowling and see if she can point me to a direction where I can get my stories published. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment